Chili is one of my all-time favorite winter dishes. Whether you’re outside shoveling snow or in your home gym pumping weights, it’s nice to take a break with a warm bowl of chili. In this case, the body-builder’s chili is packed with even more protein than a typical bowl of savory beans! The added turkey is rich in protein and an excellent source of many vitamins and minerals, especially B vitamins. Even better than the mouthwatering flavor is the fast build and ability to easily reheat for pre-made meals every day of the week.
- 1 Large yellow organic onion
- 4 -14.5 oz. cans tomato sauce – no salt added or low sodium
- 2 -14.5 oz. cans diced tomatoes – no salt added or low sodium
- 2 organic red peppers – diced medium size
- 1 organic green pepper – diced medium size
- 1 organic yellow pepper – diced medium size
- 2- 14.5 oz. cans dark red kidney beans – no salt added or low sodium
- 2 -14.5 oz. cans black beans – no salt added or low sodium
- 3 packages of ground organic 93% to 99% lean turkey – browned in small amount of coconut oil or canola oil and sprinkle garlic powder and black pepper on meat as you cook it.
- 1 package white mushrooms – diced medium size
- Garlic powder
- Chili powder (just plain chili powder!)
- 1/8th of a bottle of lite beer
- Chop up a large onion and sautee in coconut oil in a large pot.
- Add 4 cans of tomato sauce. 4 diced peppers, 2 cans of dark red kidney beans (drained), 2 cans of black beans, 2 cans of diced tomatoes, chopped white mushrooms (diced), a little bit of garlic powder and chili powder.
- Bring your chili to a boil, slowly add in the cooked ground turkey and 1/8 bottle of beer.
- Cover chili, turn burner on low heat, and let chili simmer for 40-45 min.
- Add more chili powder, garlic powder and black pepper as it cooks.
Tip: For healthiest results, buy the lowest sodium sauces, beans, etc. & also
invest in organic products for this body-builder’s chili!